Friday, October 19, 2012

Ten Things: stash


This week’s ‘Ten Things’ is about a few of my favorite things. Enjoy.

Cheap Stuff – I was running errands when I saw this little store that sells them random neat stuff. Got the hair clips for 10php each and the Turquoise earrings for 80php – I’ve noticed I got way too many Turquoise colored accessories lately.  


Colored socks – was waiting for my sister in law to meet me at Tiendesitas when I saw these at a stall that’s selling them for php50/pair. I came from work and she picked up the ninjas along with her daughter for a play date.



Coffee table books – we don’t have a decent coffee table yet but would love to invest in one. So far, these 2 are definitely staying on that future coffee table. Best part is? They’re only 32php each, spotted them in a random bookstore – I’m hoping I can find the rest of the Simpsons – that’d be awesome, don’t you think?


DVD Collection from work. Yup! Working for Disney got a whole lotta perks especially when you’re a Senior Rep. *winks*


A few of our favorite books from local authors – we heart Bob Ong. There was a time when I was so into Jessica Zafra – love her Twisted books – uhhh..Forgot the number but it’s the one with movie reviews. I was a wee bit disappointed when I bought Twisted 9 -- all she talked about was Tennis – I was like meh.


Haruki Murakami – now, these books are extremely special to me. The first H.Murakami book I have was the Blind Willow Sleeping Woman it was gifted to me by a dear friend—and I love all the stories in it. The second one was South of the Border West of the Sun – I bought it myself. Third, After the Quake which was given by my sister, Shin – she used to teach English to some Korean kids and when she left for Netherlands her student gave this book to her – she didn’t quite understand (or liked) the book so I asked it from her – Last one is the Elephant Vanishes that was given by my mom – she loved the book and wanted me to keep it.


This stash contains my feel good books --- enough said.


My Go-To books. I've been reviewing the basics in writing a pretty good article. I’ve been meaning to study Spanish because of him . I am thinking of buying a guitar this Christmas so I am borrowing that guitar book from Le Mister. Parenting books because up until now I am still baffled every time my Ninjas ask me something. Edith Hamilton’s Mythology is one of my favorite books in High School – it holds such amazing love stories, well amazing and weird at the same time.



Stickers – I looove stickers and so does my boys (le Mister x le Ninjas). It’s a great thing that the company I am working with is very generous – once in a while I get a packet full of stickers or cutesy random stuff from them.


Maroon blazer , black cardigan and a set of charmed leather bracelets from Cotton On - stuff from my step mother-in-law, she sent it via Le Mister when he came over to SG for his sister’s 18th birthday. I’ve heard that there’s already a Cotton On store here in Manila but I didn’t bother to check it out because I don’t have the moolah yet to spend. I wanted to go then I forgot about it and then I got these, my size, love the color which is in season -- perfect.









No comments:

Post a Comment