Tuesday, November 06, 2012

This Charming Movie : Turn Left, Turn Right


Hello there! So today I am sharing another category or entry or segment ( I honestly don't have a word for it -- or can't figure out which to use) I used to have on my Tumblr --

Anyhoo,you ever have that experience where you see a movie and it's just too relatable and unforgettable and you just can't find the right words /phrase to describe it to your friends and then you'd just end up naming some actors that're in it and then you'll just tell them ---- you just got to see it. Yeah ..that ..happens to me all the time. I am bad at reviews and I really don't pay too much attention to technicalities and what not so I figured what better way to share my favorite movies than with pictures on 'em , favorite lines from the movie and lastly the trailer. I think I've already featured more than 5 movies on my Tumblr that are just charming.

So I saw this movie on HBO one sunny morning in the comfort of our home. TX was at school at that time and Trey was busy playing so I got the TV all to myself. I was surfing the channel and I was curious on why HBO would air an Asian Film -- little did I know this is the first Chinese-language Asian film ever from Warner Bros. The movie really didn't have such memorable lines in it but what struck me the most is the poem recited and translated by Leung ( the female protagonist ) it's called Love at First Sight by  famous Polish poet -- Wisława Szymborska and it goes ---



You may click here to read the poem.
And on to some of my favorite scenes/stills from the movie.







There's far too many charming scenes from the movie , especially the one's spent at the park. Oh! and heart breaking scenes too --- oh my... you have got to see it. Here's the trailer.


No comments:

Post a Comment